There are many variations of rendang, one of the most popular is rendang jengkol. Most people still don’t know this jengkol rendang recipe.
Therefore, the News Reference will summarize several ways to make this spicy and savory rendang jengkol recipe which tastes very delicious. Curious, right? Let’s see the review in the following article.
How to Make Spicy and Savory Jengkol Rendang Recipe?
Because the way to make it is very simple and easy and you can make it yourself at home, this menu is perfect for lunch.
In addition, currently the month of Ramadan is also getting closer, so recipe This jengkol rendang is also very fitting if made for breaking the fast menu in this blessed month.
The materials needed are:
- 2 kg jengkol, wash and peel
- 3 coconuts, take the thick coconut milk, and add more or less 1.5 liters of water
- 4 lime leaves
- Turmeric leaves to taste
- Lemongrass stalks to taste, then bruised
- 5 grains of kandis acid
- Right amount of oil
The spices to make rendang jengkol are as follows:
- 90 grams of red onion
- 50 grams of garlic
- 250 grams of red chili
- Galangal enough
- Pecan enough
- 3 cloves
- 1 cardamom
- Salt and sugar to taste
As for how to make it:
- Boil jengkol with enough water until soft, then drain for a while.
- Grind or finely mash the rendang seasoning and set aside. Then heat the oil, then stir-fry the ground spices with lime leaves, turmeric leaves, and lemongrass until they smell good.
- Pour the thin coconut milk, until the coconut milk really boils.
- Add jengkol and kandis acid, cook over medium heat until the gravy has reduced, and has a little oil.
- Pour the thick coconut milk, then stir until evenly distributed until the residents are a little black. Tara, spicy and savory jengkol rendang is ready to be served.
Final Words and Closing!
Well, that’s how to make a simple but delicious spicy jengkol rendang recipe. It’s very suitable for the Ramadan iftar menu, isn’t it, let’s just make it yourself at home.
If there are errors or typos in the writing, I apologize profusely. Because humans are not perfect and the place is wrong. That way a mistake will be a lesson to be better in the future.
You can share this article with friends, friends, crush, boyfriend, or even ex-girlfriend, so that the author is even more active in updating other interesting articles.
That’s all and thank you for reading this article. Don’t forget to keep up with other interesting information from News Reference yes. Bye-bye…