Installing an SSD on a laptop is not as simple as it sounds. Users have to find out and gather information in order for the SSD to be installed properly. In addition, tools and materials must also be prepared in advance. Especially when you want to buy an SSD in market place. There are several criteria that need to be known in order for an SSD to be suitable.
1. Pay attention to the criteria for a good SSD
This stage should not be taken lightly. Because buying the right SSD will certainly make it more durable. Moreover, this SSD is used to improve the performance of old laptops that still use HDDs as storage. There are several criteria that must be considered when buying an SSD. Some of them are:
- Speed in writing and reading activities
2. Gather the Right Information
The next important thing if you want to attach an SSD to a laptop is to find information first. Especially regarding safety instructions. Because this is also directly related to the warranty owned by the SSD. If during installation something went wrong and was caused by personal error, of course the warranty period provided would be void.
3. Prepare Tools and Materials
Before knowing how to install an SSD on a laptop, users should prepare the necessary tools and materials first. So that later the SSD can be installed correctly without damaging other components. Because if new damage appears, of course it will be inconvenient and require large costs for repairs.
There are several tools and materials that need to be prepared. Some of them are:
- Small screwdriver
- Visit site website from the laptop manufacturer and download. This information contains the guide of the product and how to remove hard disk the right way so as not to damage the laptop
- Antistatic bracelet. But if there is no this bracelet, the user should be more careful when removing or touching hard disc. Because if you accidentally touch a metal object, it can damage it hard disk permanently due to static electricity
- USB Cable
- case hard disk external
- Software used to send data
4. Copy Content from HDD to SSD
In order for the data on the HDD to be displayed on the SSD, it must be copied first. In the process of copying is also necessary to be careful and thorough. So that no content is left behind or any other damage. For the steps, consider the following narrative:
- Open it hard disk case external and attach the new SSD to the inside. Make sure the HDD remains facing up. After that, put the tray back in casing. Then tighten the screw again
- Install software for data transmission. Use the device and follow prompt displayed on the screen
- After that, connect the USB cable to the hard disk case external and to the laptop. Wait until the laptop can recognize hard disk the
- Run the data transfer device and wait for the transfer process to complete
5. Install the SSD
If the contents of the HDD can be copied to the SSD, then you can then install the SSD. In order not to be mistaken, follow these steps:
- Unplug the cable power from the laptop, then remove the battery from it
- Let go hard disk which is old. For this step, follow the guide on web product
- Remove the mounting clamp that functions as a support from the hard disk
- Pair hard disk new external
- Enter hard disk which has been filled with data into the device. Don’t forget to tighten the screws
- Replace the battery and plug the laptop back into the power supply
This is an explanation of how to install an SSD on the Internet laptop completely. Not only during the installation process, users must pay attention to other stages. From buying it to copying content. So that a laptop that was initially slow can be improved in performance.